Singapore Trip : (a not so) Sibling Trip

April 18, 2017

When my brother told me that he won a voucher from a travel agent on his office's event, I literally begged him to take me to go with him. Anywhere is fine, I told him. I just wanted to go somewhere on a plane.
jauh-jauh ke Singapur nemunya fotoinnya tulisan minang
And so it was decided; he spent half of his voucher for a flight ticket to Singapore and I would go with him. The trip was scheduled at the end of February and he would attend a concert there. That's the Plan A. I was excited, really. It's been too long since my last trip and this time, I won't go alone. I already thought about where to go with my brother and how he can helped me took some picture of myself since I have very little to none photo of myself on a trip (not a fan of selfie and it's awkward for me to ask people to take it for me most of the time, even those I know).

It sounds like a fun plan! I'm excited already. Except that it wasn't what happened.

It all started when my brother, who didn't had his passport yet, postponed everything until the last 2 weeks before his flight date. I already told him that I wouldn't buy ticket until he got his passport, so I have nothing to worry, except that I might not be able to go on a holiday. He was totally laid back as if the only thing he needed was his flight ticket (not a chance). And I didn't want to do anything for him since WHY DO I HAD TO? lol. nope. I just wanted to see how this would ended up to.

When he finally applied for his passport, it turned out that he can't confirmed his payment. It took us three days to called the immigration office and got an explanation that we had to confirm the payment manually by email since the site is glitching. Long story short, I confirmed my brother's payment and he got the interview scheduled on Monday, the same week of our supposedly departure day.

The drama continues with him forgetting his original birth certificate on Monday and on Tuesday, it was raining in the morning that he can't go to the office. He went on Wednesday and of course the passport won't be ready on Friday. He then proceed to change his flight to the third week of March.

And though I was still excited to go, I wasn't preparing for anything either. I bought my ticket only 4 days before departure, pack my stuff and book my hostel just the night before, I didn't even exchange my money. At that time, I was half nervous of leaving (even though I was excited at first, my mood swing like that), half annoyed because my brother refuse to go to the money changer for me (but he eventually did, I threw a fit), and... I don't know... I just suddenly ready to cancel everything.

The start of this (not so) sibling trip isn't so smooth already. The next morning, I woke up very early to catch the airport bus and my brother woke up too and told me that he can't go, he caught a flu.
.
.
.
.

Wow.

He was joking, of course, but it wasn't appropriate! Looking back, I might over-reacting though. But still it wasn't funny.

***

What makes it even more not so much a sibling trip is because, even if we were in Singapore for the same 4 days, our flight was different. My brother would fly after his office hour while I'd be arrive at midday. That first night, after successfully arriving, bought my Tourist Pass, checking in at the hostel, obtain a SIMCard, and exploring Kampong Glam, I waited until it was time for my brother's plane to land, which is around 9. I sent him directions for the hostel but he didn't had his internet connection and it was his first time alone in another country and I can only wait and pray that he won't get lost or stuck in the middle of nowhere because the MRT service stopped.

So, when he finally arrived, like an hour before midnight, I was totally relieved.

The next day, we didn't get to explore the city together because I started very early and he went back to sleep after getting a breakfast. We were actually planning to visit Marina Bay Sands for the iLight exhibition but he cancelled it because he was tired of walking (at least I got to be on Boat Quay again).

Boat Quay
On the third day, we met at noon and had our lunch at (guess what) KFC. After that we went to Toys'R'Us and met again after 7 to finally visit the iLight. I got to explore the whole thing, though, thanks to me misreading the route from Boat Quay to Marina Bay Sands that it took me more than 15 minutes to arrive. We got to the final part of Marina Bay Sands' Light show and he told me that he actually walk the (more or less) same distance as mine yesterday, for the same reason xp.




iLight 2017 at Marina Bay
I had my dinner at KFC again and on our way home, when I asked him where he had been, he told me that he would randomly took a bus and got off somewhere he found interesting (that was Henderson Waves at Mt. Faber Park and Chinatown). Wow, pro tip. That explains how he survive the city on his internet connection and his tourist card. Also, how we have totally different way on traveling :D.

The third day, he went with me to Singapore City Gallery and part ways after that. Met again at the hostel to collect our bags at the hostel, went to the airport and have dinner at 4Fingers (it's worth the price (and it wasn't even that pricey, I guess). Taste so goooood~).


Singapore City Gallery
I wait for him after my arrival because my mother insist that we had to go home together. After all the sole reason why I got to go is because I technically went with my brother. Though it wasn't such a long trip and the time we spend together is more or less the same amount we would spend together at the house, I actually loving the trip. Going with a sibling is actually fun and... well, no matter how annoying, how short-tempered we both were, how sassy, how clashing our interest were, we would just go back together again.
Selca proof shot (cuma buat dikirim ke grup rumah biar percaya ada pergi barengnya :D)
Friends might come and go but siblings stuck together, in a good way.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive