Mampir ke Yogyakarta

July 14, 2017

I'm scratching two of my traveling list in the first half of the year! Yay. Hope I can't scratch another off the list by the end of the year (though it's unlikely... a girl can always dream, right ;))

Perjalanan saya ke Yogyakarta weekend kemarin, ceritanya dalam rangka menghadiri pernikahan teman saya yang diselenggarakan di sana. Tadinya memang saya mau sekalian main ke rumah teman saya yang di Semarang, tapi karena satu dan lain hal, akhirnya saya langsung ke Yogya.

When the city is probably a very common destination for holiday, my last time visiting Yogyakarta was on my second year of Junior High School, for a school trip. I didn't even remember the city from back then. So I was excited about the trip even though I know that I won't be exploring so much since I came for my friend's occasion (and still no driving ability, thankyouverymuch).

I and my friend went by train on Thursday night and arrived in Yogya around 6 in the morning. We were picked up at the station and went to have gudeg for breakfast in Jalan Wijilan.

left : breakfast. right : second breakfast XD

After that, we went to the hotel, but since we can't check in early, we were sitting in the lobby and after that grab another breakfast in the cafe next to the hotel. Both of the hotel and the cafe were very nicely decorated. I already put a link for both if you're interested :)

decoration at the hotel
a wall in the cafe
Our next schedule was to pick up our friends from the airport. And after that, before check in, went for lunch near our hotel.

It's already 3 in the afternoon when we went back to the hotel. And as we have an occasion to attend that night, we decided to take a short break before getting ready to go again. I spend half of my late afternoon walking around Jalan Prawirotaman with two of my friend instead of sleeping though. Apparently, the street was kind of developed lately and there were so many guest house, hotels, and small and cute shops along the way. If you're interested to visit this particular neighborhood, read more here.
here's where we went for lunch
The next day, we started early to attend the wedding ceremonies. I managed to go around UGM university with my friend just for a while before went back to the party. Our schedule after that was to go back to the hotel, and getting ready to catch my train at 17.45 in Stasiun Tugu.

The ceremony was held in Masjid UGM.
Around 2 in the afternoon, after the whole celebration is done and I'm ready with my bags, we went for a drive. Supposedly to Sangkring Art Space, but before we arrived, our friends told us that the place is closed. We change direction to Stasiun Tugu instead because we need to catch the train. And in that particular day, Yogyakarta was on heavy traffic. And there goes my Malioboro walking trip :(.

left : tiada lengkap tanpa es krim McD yang belinya drivethru | right : street in yogyakarta 
I managed to visit Malioboro, though. After arriving at the Stasiun Tugu around 4, I and my friends walk to Malioboro, eat the first bakso we saw on the street (we're hunggggry), and walk along the way until it's time for us to board the train. Malioboro was super nice, I would love to be back again and explore the street thoroughly.

street art
The glory of public space :)
And so, there was my episode of 'Mampir ke Yogyakarta'. See you next time in a better schedule, dear city :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive